Sunday, February 28, 2016

Elder Wadley's Hump Day

This week, on the 25th, marked Elder Wadley's half-way point on his mission! One year down, one year to go.
In some ways it has gone fast, yet in other ways it has been an eternity.
I think I miss his morning "Hi, Mom" followed by a big, warm hug the most.
He always smelled good. I know that is such a weird thing to say, but I miss his smell.
I kept his pillow when he left, and on hard days I would lay on it and it smelled like him.
After a year, the pillow doesn't smell like him anymore.
I asked him what he did to mark his Hump Day- some missionaries burn a tie or something. He said his companion took him out for ice cream.
Jayden riding a camel in Dubai, 2011, age 13
Sounds about right. He is not one for fanfare or a lot of celebration.
Here is his e-mail this week:
Well hi.
This week has been a little crazy but pretty cool at the same time. We had an area seventy come down, Elder Godoy. Really awesome guy. He gave us a lot of good advice and gave us a really good training. 
But we basically spent all week (in the office) preparing for his arrival. It was kinda crazy but in the end it ended up going really well. He did a really amazing job and was really nice as well. Other than that things here in the office have been really normal. We have been able to leave and teach a fair amount of time which is super cool and as an office we have some baptisms coming up. 
Honestly feel like my emails are super boring now. 
I am glad to hear that everybody is doing good and that everyone is enjoying life.
Oh any word on Brendan's call????? it has been on my mind forever. 
Well I honestly don't have much else to say so i guess i will leave you with a scripture,
1 Nephi 17:3
And thus we see that the commandments of God must be fulfilled. And if it so be that the children of men keep the commandments of God he doth nourish them, and strengthen them, and provide means whereby they can accomplish the thing which he has commanded them; wherefore, he did provide means for us while we did sojourn in the wilderness.
I really like this scripture because it says that we need to fulfill the commandments of God and He will help us fulfill them and bless us as well. Nephi also testifies that God helped them in the wilderness because they fulfilled the commandments. 
That's about all i have to say this week! 
Love you!
Also haven't taken any pics since last week either sorry....
Elder Wadley
So I caught him online and we got into a scripture battle!
I was not happy to not get photos again so I hit him with:

Here is a scripture for you: Alma 60:6. ;) Send me pictures you big jerk!!
And now behold, we desire to know the cause of this exceedingly great neglect; yea, we desire to know the cause of your thoughtless state.
He said "wow that scripture.." Here is one for you: Helman 7:27
Yea, wo be unto you because of your wickedness and abominations!
I came back with Exodus 20:12
Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
He said he stopped believing in the bible which means I WON.
I hope my prize is pictures next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment