Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Bogota Colombia Temple

After the e-mail last week- I told Jayden his e-mails remind me of low budget soap operas. They leave you hanging for a week! "I'm sick. Bye." "Two hermanas are dying. Bye." This week was a lot better. I did ask him some questions, and bless him, he responded in full.
Sorry I know my emails are crap haha. Well the hermanas and everything are doing better, another kid passed out hit his head and doesnt remeber anything from the two weeks he was here, he might go home. I didnt lose the water bottle you gave me i promise. I get a new companion in like two days, some latino i am not really sure who it is. As far as my daily routine i get up at 6 and shower then we have breakfast at 8, lunch at 12:30, and dinner at 5:30. In between all of those we have classes until 9 at night. It is pretty long days but they are pretty fun. I would love some like pocket sized pictures of some of the temples from back home. Other than that i dont  think i need anything i will let you know though. I finally got the package you sent me but there wasnt a tie pin haha: I did appreaciate the toilet paper though. I believe we leave the ccm on april 6th or 7th. We have church every sunday, and then we have a bunch of english classes. Sundays are the best they are so relaxed and spiritual. Oh man  i worry about mikayla everyday, but i know that she will be okay! So the latinos left last night and there was this latino that kept trying to buy and steal my shoes haha, so i hid them and we locked our door. You want to hear something crazy? I know as much of the temple stuff in spanish as i did in english now! Oh and i forgot to mention that the first time we went to the temple i found a pack of breathmints from the last session we had haha! It is like perfect weather around here all the time! I cant believe i have been out here for almost a month! it is so crazy! I am so worried about my spanish for the next little bit, but i think we are past learning about book eating cats ahahah! Oh i would really like a copy of my patriacticle blessing!(i have no idea how to spell that) If you want to know anything let me know! I love you!
Here are some pics of the temple today.
Love, Jayden
(This first one made my heart so happy!)
Bogota, Colombia Temple

He hadn't written Sam yet, so I knew he was still online. I quickly asked him for a picture of his face. He sent me this:
Nice to know his sense of humor is still there. Wrong, but there. I guess it is from a museum they went to? The museum probably had all kinds of cool art, and this is what my boy takes a picture of.
This is him with one of his teachers in the Bogota CCM.
Sam's e-mail:
DAD! I love you! Yeah my comp gets frustrated with me a lot because i dont know as much spanish as him, but we get along for the most part! Yeah i get along with everyone in my district, right now there are i believe 11 of us white kids in there. I get a latino comp in the next couple of days so that will be really interesting. We play a lot of volleyball but soccer is so much funner. I am pretty used to the food now i eat a lot of rice! I had the poops the first like two weeks but they are solid now. I freaking wish we had the rice stuff we had in Belize! I cant believe he is linking the rest of his rig!! That will be sooo sick! I want to see it so bad! There is not a day that goes by where i dont think of Moab haha! I am glad you got brownie up and running that means brendan doesnt have to drive my jeep anymore hah! I cant believe how much the time flies here! Oh we went prosiletismo  (proselyting) and got some contacts it was so cool! Anyway thank you for everything! I love you! Keep me updated and send me pics of Moab! Tell Jim, Brian, Taras and everyone i said hi!
Love, Jayden
He seems so happy and upbeat. Just how I like him.

As an update: Mikayla's EEG came back with all of the abnormal brain activity coming from one specific part of her brain. The doctor sent us in to get an MRI- he suspected she may have a brain tumor.

It was a hard week, full of prayer and tears. I really felt like it was a tumor. Not to be a Debbie Downer- it just made logical sense with how suddenly everything came on, and with the seizures and sharp stabbing head pains concentrated in one area of her brain.

The MRI came back normal. We are so relieved and feel so blessed. It is funny how when you are going through a trial- it is hard, and then you realize how much worse it could be- and your original trial doesn't seem like much of a trial at all.

Throughout this process I have felt worried for sure- but I also felt peace. It was weird. I felt like whatever happened would be okay. I know this peace came from the prayers of others. Our names and Mikayla's were put on the prayer rolls of a few temples. I felt this. I have heard others bear testimony of feeling strength from the prayers of others, and always thought that it was just a Mormon way to thank someone for praying for you. It is real. Thank you to those of you who thought of us and prayed for us.

"In the gospel of Jesus Christ you have help from both sides of the veil and you must never forget that. When disappointment and discouragement strike--and they will--you remember and never forget that if our eyes could be opened we would see horses and chariots of fire as far as the eye can see riding at reckless speed to come to our protection. They will always be there, these armies of heaven, in defense of Abraham's seed."


(Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, "For Times of Trouble," New Era, Oct. 1980, 15)

No comments:

Post a Comment