Thursday, November 19, 2015

First Door Slam to the Face, Dreaming in Spanish, and a Transvestite Haircut

Elder Wadley's last two e-mails were sent to me while I ran away to Hawaii (alone!) to spend some time with my sister Hollie. When I try to blog from my iPad, it formats weird, so I waited until I was home. I fly stand-by, and getting home took a bit longer. Okay, maybe I just decided to stay...it was 85 there, and 30 at home. I watch the weather in Manizales where Elder Wadley is serving. The weather is a little cooler there, averaging around 70, and a good amount of rain lately.
Here is last week's e-mail:
Hey haha hows Hawaii? Two times in Hawaii without me huh? Ha i hope you are having fun!
My week wasn't a whole lot of interesting! I have been sick basically all week which has been fun! Nothing too serious headaches and a cold really, but i am better now! 
My week went pretty normal nothing really interesting happened um we went to the farm again this week to visit Gustavo and i love going up there it is really pretty and i don't know i just really like it! It is away from everything. We also went to a couple of members houses to give them letters of some sort and one lady got really mad, and for the first time in my mission i got a door slammed in my face! So i am pretty pumped about that! Um there wasn't much else it was a pretty normal week. We had some pretty good lessons this week and put some baptismal dates which is awesome! I am super excited for these people! 
Oh we also got a new gringo here in the zone, Elder King. Super nice dude! He is from Bountiful, but we got to talk for a little bit which was cool. Um i don't really have a whole lot to say. Let me know if there is anything you want to know and i will be glad to tell you:) 
Questions:
1- (Hollie wants to know if you have had the pleasure of a good old South American pants sharting?)Personally i have not had the experience of South American sharting sorry hah! 
2- (Have you had to hide bad food from members yet?) No i have never had to hide food:)
3-(Do you guys do anything when you hit your one year mark? Like burn ties?) One time we ordered pizza.
4-(Any miracles or tender mercies this week?) Oh this week i have noticed the blessings in my life that the gospel has given me. A ton that i have taken for granted my whole life. I was super lucky to grow up in a home that is part of our church and for growing up in the gospel with my whole family. I have seen a lot of broken families here and i just want to express how grateful i am for that.
5-(Who cuts your hair? I know that is random- but do you go to a place or a member?) Its random haha whoever is open, last week i got my haircut by a tranny....... interesting experience...
Anyways i don't have a ton this week! I love you guys!! Have a great week!
Elder Wadley
And this is this week's email:
Well first off sorry you are "stuck" in Hawaii haha! Tell Grandpa that i said hi and Hollie as well!
My week was pretty normal nothing really happened. 
Last Monday we played soccer with some investigators and not going to brag but i scored a goal haha only one!
Other than that the leaders had a meeting in Medellin so Elder King was with us for like three days really nothing interesting happened this week sorry. 
I found a cool scripture this week though in D&C 38:40.
 D&C 38:40 And again, I say unto you, I give unto you a commandment, that every man, both elder, priest, teacher, and also member, go to with his might, with the labor of his hands, to prepare and accomplish the things which I have commanded.
 41 And let your preaching be the warning voice, every man to his neighbor, in mildness and in meekness.
It says that basically everybody needs to help with what the Lord has commanded. It is not just the work of the missionaries but of everybody.
I had been looking for a scripture this week to help motivate the members to help us out. Most of the time the members think that it is just work for the missionaries but really it is better when everybody works together. 
I have been reading a lot lately and learning a lot-which sounds weird especially if you knew me before the mission haha. It has been really good though i am really enjoying it! 
There are a lot of things i still need to work on and stuff that i am doing pretty good. Sorry these last couple of weeks haven't been very good writing wise. 
Questions:
1-(I assume your companion now does not speak English. Is he interested in learning? Have you taught him any English phrases?)He is a little bit interested and i am teaching him a little bit.
2-(I haven't asked how your Spanish is lately. Do you feel fluent now? Have you had any dreams in Spanish yet?) I don't think i speak very good and i don't think i am fluent but i am trying. I have had a couple dreams in Spanish.
3- (You are getting closer to one year down. Do you feel like it is going faster than you thought?)Time is freaking flying by- it scares me. I heard once you hit one year it gets worse also!
4-(Any miracles? Tender mercies?)This week i haven't noticed anything really big.
5-(I would still love some photos of your apartment now- and your street. Just regular stuff. It is fun for us to see how you live there.)Oh yeah  ha i want to send some photos but this computer kinda sucks i will try anyways:)
Again sorry i haven't had to much to say. I love you!! Have a great week!
Elder Wadley
No photos for two weeks! I will give him a pass, because I was in Hawaii. Next week I am going to shamelessly beg to see his face. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment