Monday, August 29, 2016

Avoiding an Earthquake

Earlier this week I started to get texts from people telling me that "I am praying for your missionary" I had to pretend like I knew what was going on, and frantically started scanning news sites. Elder Jayden's brother is serving in Indiana, and they had several tornadoes rip through the state. Missionary moms get pretty good at sleuthing things out, so I found a local news site and then google mapped the distance between the tornado zone and Brendan's area. It was pretty far away. We got an e-mail later that day from his mission president saying all the missionaries were safe and accounted for.

A couple of days later Colombia was hit with an earthquake.

I repeated the same process, and Elder Jayden was in a safe area as well.
I can honestly say that I have never been worried about either one of my boys as they serve their missions. I know without a doubt that they are being watched over and protected.
This does not exempt them from every tragedy or exclude them from consequences of their bad decisions, but they do have extra angels assigned to keep them safe.
I was happy to hear from Elder Wadley this week:
Well this week was kinda sucky. We are trying to find a lot of people to teach and we haven't had a whole lot of luck this week. Not to mention that it has been dumping rain on us every time we have been outside! It has been raining hard lately but it has been a kinda nice break from the heat that we have had!
I got my new comp this week and he is starting to come out of his shell a little bit. He is a really good guy and super nice and enjoys every little bit of the mission. His name is Elder Castillo (from Peru) and he has only been a member of the church for about a year and a half. We are getting along good and having fun! 
This week has been good even though we have been walking a lot and getting soaked! We have been able to teach and find some potential new investigators! Other than that the week hasn't been that interesting. But no worries because i will send you a good amount of pictures to kinda make up for the lack of email material:) 
Oh and by the way the earthquake, i didn't feel anything i don't think that it even got close to here. 
Love you! Stay safe!
Elder Wadley
True to his word, he did send some really cute pictures this week.
President Calderon, Elder Wadley and Sister Calderon

Elder Wadley, Elder Flores
"Elder Menjivar, Elder Herrera, Me, Elder Diaz"
"Elder Diaz, me, Elder Ralphs with Krispy Kreme- Elder Anderson was there also but not in the picture"
"The 4 misioneros en Cartago"
As a side note- Sam and I are heading to Ecuador soon for his mission reunion. The area Jayden is serving in right now, Cartago, is the closest he could be in his whole mission- to where we will be. I am not sure if this is a sign or not? Hahaha! I do not want to distract him from his work, but I sure would like to be a fly on the wall and just watch him teach from across the street or something.

Internets, let Sam know that if I go missing in Ecuador for a couple of days, not to worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment